This course ensures that the 9‐1‐1 Officer is completely aware of the American Disabilities Act as it relates to public safety communications.
This course is taught by your NECI Certified Basic 9-1-1 Instructor(s).
Up to 8 hours of CE credit can be earned by taking this course.
The communications officer should be able to:
- Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act as it relates to 9-1-1
- Become familiar with types of TDD units and how they are used
- Use appropriate grammar and terminology when communicating through these devices with a person who is either hearing or speech impaired.
- Demonstrate the ability to use of American Sign Language (ASL) on a TDD
- Demonstrate the ability to detect TDD calls