This course provides the 9‐1‐1 Officer with the knowledge and skills for handling bomb threat calls.
This course is taught by your NECI Certified Basic 9-1-1 Instructor(s).
Up to 8 hours of CE credit can be earned by taking this course.
The communications officer should be able to:
- Know what questions to ask
- Understand the significance of the exact wording of the threat
- Understand techniques on how to ascertain information about the caller
- Be able to develop a bomb threat protocol
- Understand the significance of:
- What is said by the caller
- Voice inflections
- Background noises