This course provides the 9-1-1 Officer with the key terms, definitions and situational factors associated with domestic violence.
This course is taught by your NECI Certified Basic 9-1-1 Instructor(s).
Up to 8 hours of CE credit can be earned by taking this course.
The communications officer should be able to:
- Understand domestic violence terms and definitions
- Understand dynamics of domestic violence
- Understand why victims stay with abusers
- Understand roles and responsibilities of 9-1-1 in domestic violence calls
- Understand how to use a domestic violence protocol
- Understand domestic violence call‐handling techniques