This course is for the individual who coordinates the agency on-the-job training program.
This course is offered in both live and self-paced formats.
By the end of this course, the instructor candidate will be able to:
- Develop an agency performance-based on-the-job training program
- Develop and publish a standardized training schedule
- Develop written performance objectives
- Develop a performance objective rating system
- Develop and publish the various OJT forms and reports
- Certify experienced agency personnel as a CTO
- Implement the agency OJT program
- Coordinate the agency OJT training program
- Monitor the Agency CTO’s performance to ensure compliance
- Conduct one-on-one OJT training as required
- The CTO Instructor candidate should be an experienced and formally trained emergency communications employee who desires to train others with a structured on-the-job training program. The candidate must have completed the NECI 9-1-1 Instructor certification course
Note: The Basic CTO Instructor certification does not qualify the individual to conduct Basic 9-1-1, Basic EMD, or Basic Fire Communications training . Conversely, the certified Basic 9-1-1, Basic EMD, or Basic Fire Communications Instructor is not authorized to conduct the one-on-one OJT training unless certified as a CTO Instructor or Agency CTO.
NOTE: This course covers certification for one instructor. Included with the course is one manual for that instructor. This manual may not be reused with additional instructors for additional certifications.